Troubleshoot - tips for using Vamp
The information on this page is written for Vamp v0.9.2
Try this first
If you encounter problems running services on an installed version of Vamp, check the following:
- Confirm that everything is installed ok:
- Time-out errors in the Vamp UI? Check that the WebSocket connections to the Vamp API are open and stable
- Deployments hanging on status “deploying”? Make sure that there are enough resources (CPU and memory) available in your container cluster and that your key-value store is accessible by the Vamp Gateway Agent.
- Take some time to read through the documentation and tutorials.
- Ask us on gitter (gitter.im - magneticio/vamp)
- Still not working? Report an issue.
Report an issue
If you’ve tried the above steps and are still stuck, then let us know. We accept bug reports and pull requests on the GitHub repo for each project (github.com - magneticio).
When reporting issues, please include the following details:
- Description of issue.
- Vamp info, from the API:
GET <vamp url>/api/v1/info
- Vamp config, from the API;
GET <vamp url>/api/v1/config
- Reproduction steps.
- Which orchestrator are you using, DC/OS, Kubernetes, Rancher, etc.
- Log output from Vamp and it’s various components. You can get these from the
docker logscommand on the relevant containers.
- Any other information that you might consider important.
Did this help?
If you find some of the instructions not clear enough or lacking information, please raise an issue on GitHub.
Last updated on September 13, 2018