Using the Vamp API
The information on this page is written for Vamp v0.9.1
New in Vamp 0.9.1
We’ve now added support for Websockets to our HTTP API. More information will follow soon.
Vamp has one REST API. This page explains how to specify pagination, and json and yaml content types, and how to effectively use the Vamp REST API.
- Vamp requests can be in YAML format or JSON format. Set the
Content-Typerequest header to
- Vamp responses can be in YAML format or JSON format. Set the
Acceptrequest header to
Vamp API endpoints support pagination with the following scheme:
- Request parameters
page(starting from 1, not 0) and
per_page(by default 30) e.g:
- Response headers
X-Total-Countgiving the total amount of items (e.g. 349673) and a
Linkheader for easy traversing, e.g.
X-Total-Count: 5522 Link: <http://vamp:8080/api/v1/events/get?page=1&per_page=5>; rel=first, <http://vamp:8080/api/v1/events/get?page=1&per_page=5>; rel=prev, <http://vamp:8080/api/v1/events/get?page=2&per_page=5>; rel=next, <http://vamp:8080/api/v1/events/get?page=19&per_page=5>; rel=last
See Github’s implementation for more info.
- Create & Delete operations are idempotent: sending the second request with the same content will not result to an error response (4xx).
- An update will fail (4xx) if a resource does not exist.
- A successful create operation has status code 201
Createdand the response body contains the created resource.
- A successful update operation has status code 200
Acceptedand the response body contains the updated resource.
- A successful delete operation has status code 204
No Contentor 202
Acceptedwith an empty response body.
Sending multiple artifacts (documents) -
It is possible to send YAML document containing more than 1 artifact definition:
Supported methods are
--- name: ... kind: breed # breed definition ... --- name: ... kind: blueprint # blueprint definition ...
kind field is required and it always correspond (singular form) to type of the artifact.
For instance if specific endpoint would be
/api/v1/deloyments then the same deployment request can be sent to
api/v1 with additional
If specific endpoints are used (e.g.
kind needs to be ommited.
Last updated on September 28, 2018